Thursday, January 6, 2011

Djourou attracts praise from Fabregas

Arsenal captain Cesc Fabregas had all the good things to say about Swiss defender Johan Djourou for impressive performance after coming back from a long term injury. He said that the Swiss is the kind of defender Arsenal needs. Before the game against Manchester City captain said, "I’ve talked about Johan before, but I really admire how he’s handled his comeback."
"I don’t know how I would react to a season without playing but he was always strong, smiling and working hard. The boss has treated him really well, with caution, and he’s now playing fantastically for us."
"Hopefully he can keep it up because I think that, with the way we play, we need a centre-back like him – strong, good on the ball, quick, making his presence felt on the opposition striker." 

No comments:

Post a Comment